“Your life will never be the same”
You think you know what you’re letting yourself in for when you decide to have a child. Sleepless nights, nappies, playdates and (before you know it) supporting them through exams and university.
But the joy of parenting – the blissful images of new mothers breastfeeding a content baby, pictures of happy families on weekend outings and the miracle of having a little human being that is half you and half your partner makes it all seem worthwhile.
And often it absolutely is worth it.
But sometimes it can really feel like it isn’t and that can be an upsetting, scary and lonely place to be.
Happy, Healthy Parent
One of the reasons I love what I do is that I am able to offer people the opportunity to make changes in their lives so they can be a happier, healthier parent.
You might be worried about your own issues impacting your children – whether that’s:
- that critical inner voice that always puts you down
- you might be struggling to cope managing responsibilities as a parent when you have depression or anxiety
- or anything else you don’t want to pass down to your children.
Therapy provides you with a safe space to explore these without fear of judgement and provides you with the tools to make the changes you want to make.
Parenting through the teen years bring a whole new set of challenges – you’ve spent over a decade dedicating your life to your child and now all of sudden, they’re acting like they hate you.
Therapy can help you:
- understand and explore your child’s desperation to be separate from you
- support you with feelings of rejection and loss of purpose
- and can help you parent in a way that will help you and your child rebuild a close relationship.
Even when our children become adults, you can still be hugely impacted by relationship difficulties:
- maybe they’ve decided to move away
- or they want you to do all of their childcare but you don’t know how to say no
- or maybe they’ve decided to cut contact, or you’re considering cutting contact with them.
These are all things that I can help you explore and find clarity on, and help you move towards making positive changes.